JOIN HSMAI NOW
HSMAI Austin Committee
Involvement Opportunities for 2018
Board Member/Director Positions:
Chairs the fundraising/sponsorship committee.
Chairs committee responsible for public relations, communications, Chapter website and
newsletter, including social media.
● Ensures that pertinent news and information from the Chapter, HSMAI headquarters and a
calendar of upcoming events with dates, location, times and costs is included in the Chapter newsletter.
● Create advertising program to sell advertising space to offset the cost of the newsletter or
● Keep HSMAI Headquarters informed of significant accomplishments by the Chapter or
individual Chapter members.
● Develop a positive presence and image for the Chapter within the hospitality community as
well as the wider publics within the chapter community.
Hospitality / Registration
Chairs the hospitality committee.
● Organizes the phone call program in advance of all Chapter events to obtain
RSVP’s, provide additional information and reminders of the event.
● Provides a welcoming and comfortable environment at all Chapter events to
members/non-members and guests.
● Staffs the registration desk at all Chapter events.
a) Welcomes new members and guests.
b) Assists the Chapter secretary with registration and the treasurer with
collection of funds at all events.
● Maintains Chapter name badges or ensures that all attendees have a
nametag upon arrival at a Chapter event.
Member Recruitment & Retention
Carefully monitors on-line chapter membership reports located in the Chapter
Leadership Resource Center (CLRC) on the National HSMAI website.
▪ From the Pending Renewal report, contacts pending renewals at least 60 days
from expiration of membership date.
▪ Attends quarterly membership conference calls conducted by HSMAI National.
▪ Maintains a current prospective member list.
Harvest a “living bank” of past, current, future educational and social
networking ideas to create long-range content.
● Make speaker arrangements including communication, transportation, hotel
and appreciation gifts
● Works with the Board of Education to create meaningful educational
● Ensures two (2) programs are planned with customer interaction via a social
event, panel discussion or joint meeting.
● Secures speakers/presenters for a minimum of four (4) educational programs
a) (1) Sales
b) (1) Revenue
c) (1) Marketing
d) (1) Combination of 2
● HSMAI National Advisory Boards created “Programs in a Box” – please
● Creates and ensures presentations are timely and well-presented at all
● Ensures that all suppliers are recognized during welcoming remarks and
mentioned in the newsletter.